Here’s the long and short of booking your band. It’s not a simple process booking a band into a new venue the first time. Here are a few reasons it may be difficult:
- Breaking into a new market is always difficult, typically because no one knows you yet.
- Let’s be realistic, can you honestly say you’re going to actually bring more than 5 people to your show? Band members not included…
- Are you willing to be horribly underpaid?
- Are you trying to route a show?
- Are you looking to build an ongoing relationship?
We have been focusing on Live Original Music for over 10 years now. We know our market extremely well, and our regulars have a discerning taste in bands. And to be a 100% honest we are music snobs. If you are a new band and are not well practiced or seasoned then we are not the venue for you. If you are a heavy metal band that believes yelling into a mic is singing, we are not the venue for you. If you are a cover band that we do not have a personal relationship with, odds are you will never play here either. So who will play here?
Something original or unique. This is something that has a chance to succeed at Kryptonite.
We are music fans that appreciate originality, even if it is found in a tribute band. For example This Must Be The Band, or B1G T1ME.
The more unique, polished, and tight you are as performers, the better chance you have of building a relationship with us. We present live music mainly on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
There is RARELY LIVE MUSIC ON TUESDAYS OR THURSDAYS. Please don’t bother asking for a show on those days.
So after reading this information, and you still want to play our venue then here is what you are REQUIRED to do for us:
- Email: Chris@kryptonitebar.com – with “BOOKING” somewhere in the Subject line.
- Provide links to your sites: website, Facebook, ReVerb Nation, Bandcamp. Please,no MySpace pages.
- A band Bio would be nice. The bio helps not only us but it may just help let new people learn a little bit about what you do and who you are.
- A high resolution image of either a tour poster or the band that we may use for promotional materials.
- A press release on your part forwarded to us. This helps increase the chance of running an article about your band. We can also provide a list of media outlets for you to directly submit your press release (doing this increases your chances of a story).
- You are also required to promote your show via social networking sites, and posting on our Kryptonite facebook page, not just the day before your show with us but at least 2 weeks prior to your show with us, and a minimum of at least 6 posts in 2 weeks (repetition is crucial for market penetration).
- Please do not waste your time mailing us your CD or press kit as a means to contact us. If you’re not using current marketing trends odds are you are not who we want to work with either. Additionally, please do not call us looking to book a show – we won’t return voicemails.
- Some of you will read this and think we are rude, arrogant, or bunch of jabronis. Others might appreciate the very honest approach and expectations in creating a working relationship with us. If you fall into the latter, please feel free to submit us your information.